Friday, February 25, 2011

Its a Miracle.....


A new chapter in my life has happened. With our last trip we just took, it was finally the nail in the coffin that we needed to get a car that had more room since now our 3 boys are getting bigger and Patrick is needing a lot more leg room. Our goal lately is to have as little going out as possible. So, we couldn't upgrade to a bigger more roomy SUV because of the cost so the only other option is go to a mini van. As for those who know me I don't hate mini vans but I don't love them. I swore I would NEVER own one. Well, that chapter in my life has finally come and because I want sanity while we travel and mainly to make my boys comfortable I did it. So, the coolness will go out the door for a while until I can get something else when they are grown and gone. So remember boys I did this for you... LOL. I Loved the time I had with my Durango it was a great car and really loved not having a car payment for the last 6 years, but we need to move on. So, here is the new van..

4 comments:

Christel Stearman said...

Hey I totally know how you feel. The nice thing about mini vans are how much more room you have and the gas milage! Congrats on your new car!!

Dana Day said...

Heather, your post made me smile. I know the feeling. I have been driving one for a few years now. I swore I would NEVER own one. But they are great for little kids and the ins and outs of transporting them and they get good gas mileage. But, with Kent leaving on a mission in 2 1/2 years I have started the dreams of having a real car one of these days. HA! :) HAve fun with it. I bet you will grow to love it.

Heather Dodd said...

Thanks girls for your posts.. It is definitely better on gas and I'm starting to get used to it, but it will take time. I can't believe Dana that Kent will be going that soon. That's funny though because you can change things up and get that sports car you've always wanted..

Shelli said...

Congrats on joining the world of the Mini Vans! Yeah, not the most glamorous of vehicles, but economical and roomy. We've wanted to upgrade for years now, but we don't have a payment either, so the mini van stays for now. Hope you enjoy it!

br>You Are Snow White!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Pure and trusting. You are a gentle soul who can get along with just about anyone. Everyone you meet instantly falls in love with you. How can they resist? You have a pure, lovable nature that's irresistable. Just don't trust everyone who comes across your path.


Which Disney Princess Are You?