Thursday, February 17, 2011

Our trip to Las Vegas/California for a little R & R... Feb. 2011

Joe usually has a week of vacation in February and it happened to be the same time the boys were on track break from school. So, we decided to take a little trip and have some fun and a break from it all, plus get out of the cold and snow.
We headed down a day early because of the storm coming into Utah and we didn't want to travel in it. So we got to Vegas Monday night and stayed with my parents. Tuesday my mom and us went to see the Hoover Dam bridge project they had been working on for the last few years and it was finally done and I had been wanting to see it. We first drove over it and then went and parked because you can then walk along the bridge way and look over to the dam. The best part of it all is its FREE.. But, let me tell you this thing is amazing and what a massive structure. I knew it would be the last time I was there and they were putting up the pillar's for the bridge. I couldn't believe this was something they could do but now here is proof. If you ever get a chance to go to Vegas you have to see this. Its only about a half hour drive from Vegas and well worth it. While we were right there we also stopped by Lake Mead. The last time I saw this lake about 6 years ago it was all white because there was no water in it. Now its got some water in it and it is a beautiful site.
That night we then went down to see the new Hotel Aria and the Town Center they built. These buildings again are amazing with there Architecture and structure of them. I know I am crazy but I love buildings that are built so amazing that you just want to stand and stare at them. The boys loved the tram ride you can take and then the neat things inside the town center to look at.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

br>You Are Snow White!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Pure and trusting. You are a gentle soul who can get along with just about anyone. Everyone you meet instantly falls in love with you. How can they resist? You have a pure, lovable nature that's irresistable. Just don't trust everyone who comes across your path.


Which Disney Princess Are You?