Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Remembering A Great Man....

My grandpa just over a week ago past away at the age of 91. This last weekend we went down to Southern Utah for the Funeral. He had started to go down hill these last 6 months and was really struggling with his health. He finally past away in his sleep. He lived a long and productive life. He was a brick layer (mostly homes and businesses). Him and my grandma had 7 children (my dad is one of them). He was a hard worker and not much of a talker until my grandma past away 3 years ago and then he was talking up a storm. He was in the Military in the 1940's where he fixed the fighter planes. The Funeral was a beautiful service. There were Veteran's of War there to Salute my grandpa. One of them was even his own brother, that is still alive. I had kept it together for the service until they started the Ceremony with Service Men and then when they gave the flag to my Aunt, after that I lost it. It was very emotional. I can't imagine what people who lose loved one's at war go through, because my grandpa was just a Veteran and it was emotional, but a beautiful tribute to him.


A FEW PICTURES OF ME AND MY GRANDPA....




THE SERVICE......

The Veteran's lined up at the Cemetery before he got there..





No comments:

br>You Are Snow White!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Pure and trusting. You are a gentle soul who can get along with just about anyone. Everyone you meet instantly falls in love with you. How can they resist? You have a pure, lovable nature that's irresistable. Just don't trust everyone who comes across your path.


Which Disney Princess Are You?