Friday, March 23, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Dinner!

For St. Patrick's Day I decided to do something special like I did for Valentine's Day. It was to have a family dinner that went along with the holiday and also decorate a little bit to make it special. This day of course though Patrick deems his. He thinks because it has his name in it that he was named after this Holiday, which is not true at all..
So, for the dinner I made a traditional Irish main course which are Pierogies. Joe growing up back East he ate these every year during lent. Never hearing of them until I met Joe. I tried them when we lived in Ohio and thought they weren't too bad. Out west here I didn't think you could get them but one day at Walmart there they were in the freezer section, Mrs. T's brand. So, excited I bought them and Joe was in heaven. So, every now and then we have them, but felt it was perfect for this holiday tradition.
Pierogies are a pasta filled with potato and cheese. I also made butter and herb rice with green beans. For dessert we had cupcakes and green jello with marshmallows. It was a nice dinner and always fun to do. The boys get a real kick out of the food that goes with the holiday and the little bit of decorations to make it feel special... It's always the little things that they will always remember and I Love that!






2 comments:

Shelli said...

Hi Heather! Love your St. Patrick's day dinner tradition! It's so fun, isn't it, and the kids love to have it to look forward to for sure!

Heather Dodd said...

Thanks Shelli! I do love doing it and seeing there eyes light up when it is a special meal.

br>You Are Snow White!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Pure and trusting. You are a gentle soul who can get along with just about anyone. Everyone you meet instantly falls in love with you. How can they resist? You have a pure, lovable nature that's irresistable. Just don't trust everyone who comes across your path.


Which Disney Princess Are You?